WHAT IS LIFE SERIES?
A. FROM MAN’S PERSPECTIVE
To do righteousness and justice Is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice. Proverbs 21:3
to do – to make
Strong’s 666: tze·da·kah sdaqah (tsed-aw-kaw’)
- rightness (abstractly), subjectively (rectitude),
- objectively (justice),
- morally (virtue) or figuratively (prosperity) —
- justice, moderately, right(-eous) (act, -ly, -ness).
B. FROM GOD’S PERSPECTIVE
21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. 2 Corinthians 5:21
- we might become
- ενώμεθα genōmetha
- HELPS Word Studies 1096 gínomai –
- the righteousness
- δικαιοσύνη dikaiosunē
1343 dikaiosýnē (from 1349 /díkē, “a judicial verdict”)
properly, judicial approval (the verdict of approval);
in the NT, the approval of God (“divine approval”).
1343 /dikaiosýnē (“divine approval“) is the regular NT term used for righteousness (“God’s judicial approval“). 1343 /dikaiosýnē(“the approval of God”) refers to what is deemed right by the Lord (after His examination), i.e. what is approved in His eyes.
Our Real Practical Life In Jesus:
1. Be Holy – Holy Living
a) A living that is set apart to God
b) Living by higher values in life taking the nature of our Lord
5 but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior;16 because it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.” (NASB) 1 Peter 1:15-16
- you shall be holy
- 40 hágios
- properly, different (unlike), other (“otherness“), holy;
- for the believer, 40 (hágios) means “likeness of nature with the Lord” because “different from the world.”
2. Be Righteous – Righteous Living
a) Living in such a way to win ‘the divine approval of God’
3. To do!
a) Get a word from heaven to bring this to action
b) Not only in our knowledge
c) but to translate knowledge into action
d) To be proactive instead of being passive
- when we could bring a ‘rightness’ in a situation
- when we could tilt the equation by acting rightly
Why we can’t do the righteousness of God?
1. Don’t want to ‘rock the boat’ be in the status quo
2. We don’t love our Lord enough to make a difference
My Life Is In You Lord