WHAT IS LIFE SERIES?
THE GRACE OF RECONCILIATION PART 2: MAN TO GOD
The definition of reconciliation:
- English word: to reconcile from 2 Corinthians 5:19
- Greek word: 2644. καταλλάσσω katallassó
- I change, I exchange, I reconcile.
- HELPS Word-studies 2644 katallássō (from 2596 /katá, “down to an exact point,” intensifying 236 /allássō, “to change”) – properly, decisively change, as when two parties reconcile when coming (“changing”) to the same position.
- HELPS Word-studies 2644 [2644 (katallássō) was originally used for the exchange of coins; “properly, to change, exchange (especially of money); hence, of persons, to change from enmity to friendship, to reconcile” (A-S).]
Preamble / Overview
- (a) God’s kind intention for all man’s salvation
- who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth 1 Timothy 2:4
- (b) Jesus is the Mediator between man and God
- For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus 1 Timothy 2:5
- (c) God didn’t only intended / thought in His mind but acted on the ground
- who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time, 1 Timothy 2:6
A. God’s work for man
- (a) Jesus died for man
- For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died; 2 Corinthians 5:14
- (b) Jesus died and rose again for man
- and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again. 2 Corinthians 5:15
- (c) God in Jesus reconciled the world to Himself by not imputing man’s trespasses to them
- that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation. 2 Corinthians 5:19
B. Man’s reality
- (a) Men died in sin
- For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God Colossians 3:3
- (b) God raised man with Christ
- If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. Colossians 3:1
- (c) Man has a new nature
- and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him Colossians 3:10
C. What is man’s rightful response?
- (a) Man must no longer live for self but to live for God
- and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again 2 Corinthians 5:15
- (b) This happens cognitively by the change of man’s mind
- Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth Colossians 3:2
- (c) Man must put to death their flesh to live for God
- Therefore put to death your members which are on the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry Colossians 3:5
- (d) Man must not live like in the past any longer
- in which you yourselves once walked when you lived in them. Colossians 3:7
Capo 2: C
I Bow My Knees
I bow my knee before your throne,
I know my life is not my own,
I offer up a song of praise,
To bring You pleasure Lord.
Glory to the King,
Glory to the King.
I seek the giver not the gift,
My heart’s desire is to lift you high,
Above all earthly kings,
To bring you pleasure Lord.